Classic Moped Spares testing new Raleigh / Mobylette Moped Engines!
New straight out of the box:-
- The engine was fitted to a 1970 Raleigh Runabout Moped. This is the first time in 50 years since the Raleigh Runabout was introduced that a new replacement engine has been succesfully fitted and tested making it an extremely proud moment for myself Moped Malc at Classic Moped Spares.
- We have been supplying moped parts to keep older engines running for many years, but sometimes it may not be possible to salvage an engine that has been outside in poor conditions.
- These new engine also should offer more power and easier starting and smoother electronic ignition performance.
- Fitting will require some slight modifications and specialist jobs like this should be left to an experienced mechanic. We are currently trying to compile a quick guide to make this process easy for you. As always we are trying our best to find out all the information for you by testing a running bike ourselves.
- The engine has electronic ignition and first impressions are that it was much more powerful that the original. It ran very smoothly.
- We are currently looking for a suitable location in Somerset to test ride the bike
- The engine has been fitted and the bike being prepared for the test.
- A new carburettor was fitted with the engine and a clean fuel supply ensured
- The electronics were wired up
- New cables to stop the bike were fitted and to ensure smooth control operation
- The light was failing, but here is the bike near ready to go https://youtu.be/qB2hq_NdNz0
- More details coming soon as we are trying to find a suitable test location before the end of 2017
To order yours please get in contact
- Please do get in contact for more information or to pre-order one. Due to the high value of these items we will only keep a small number in stock so lead time for delivery may be about 2-3 weeks.
- More information can be found here